Black Forest Swiss Roll made of soft chocolate chiffon, luscious whipped cream, and sweet cherries for the ultimate snack or dessert. Moist, creamy, and chocolatey, it’s the perfect sweet treat for every day and special occasions.
Hello, everyone! This is Sanna and I am back with another classic treat for you!
We all know and love that famous cake, Black Forest, sold at popular Filipino bakeshops. This moist and chocolatey cake with whipped cream and sweet cherries has been a favorite part at many Filipino gatherings and celebrations for many generations.
Today I’m going to share with you a Swiss roll version I’m sure you’ll love just as much. It’s perfect when you need a smaller cake for a simple get-together or want a variation from the usual round cake.
And it makes the perfect hostess gift, too! Bring a homemade, from-scratch Black Forest swiss roll to your next party and it’s sure to impress. It’s as pretty as it is delicious!
How to Make Black Forest Swiss Roll
Preparing the Baking Pan
- Grease a 12 x 18-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Line the pan with parchment paper, tucking in the corners and leaving about an inch overhang on all sides.
- Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray. This is to ensure easy removal of the cake.
Making the Chiffon Cake
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine chocolate with water and cocoa powder. Cook, stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the salt.
- In another bowl, stir together yolks, oil, and the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the yolk mixture and stir into a smooth and slightly thick batter.